Don’t worry, this just means the email address registered to your PayPal account has yet to be confirmed. Fixing it is quite simple!
Note: Keep in mind that “Confirming” your email address is different than “Verifying” your PayPal account.
Verifying your PayPal account involves waiting for bank deposits.
Confirming your email address involves clicking a link in an email.
To confirm your email with PayPal, follow these steps:
When you first added that email address to your PayPal account, PayPal sent you a confirmation email – if you can find that email, click the link in it to confirm your email address.
If you can’t find PayPal’s confirmation email, don’t worry – you can resend it:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Go to your My Account page
- Click on the Settings button in the top right corner of the page (the gear icon)
- Find the Email Address section in the column on the right
- Find the “Unconfirmed” email address
- Click the Edit button
- Click the Confirm this email address button
- Check your personal email inbox for the verification link
Important: Keep in mind that we don’t have access to PayPal’s system, so our support agents cannot provide direct help in getting through any of these steps. – this information is for reference only and may become outdated over time.