Error code 1001 results from the campaign checkout being cancelled, declined or closed before the payment was completed.
There are a few different reasons why this might happen. Here are the most common:
- The checkout was manually cancelled before the payment was completed. This could have happened either by exiting the checkout window or by trying to reload the page.
- Or there was a technical issue in the checkout on the payment processor’s end, and the checkout was cancelled as a result. If there was a separate error message directly on the payment screen before the 1001 error message loaded, the first error message is what our support center needs so we can take a deeper look.
Note: Our payment providers independently manage the checkout system. We do not hold or process the funds on the campaign’s behalf at any point throughout the campaign. We also do not have access to PayPal or Stripe’s private servers to take an in-depth look at the error.
We can only help guide you to the best solution to resolve this problem or forward you to their customer support for more direct assistance.
So what do I do?
We’ll be happy to look into it for you! Click the ‘Ask our support team’ button in the bottom right corner of this page or email us and provide up with as much of the following information as possible:
- A link to the campaign you were trying to contribute to
- The date and rough time of day that the donation took place
- The email address you used to attempt the payment
- Attach a screenshot of all error messages received if you have the resources to do so
With this information, we’ll see if we can duplicate the issue and find a solution for you.