There are restrictions to the types of projects we allow on our platforms. ConnectionPoint does not allow campaigns…
- To be created on behalf of an individual or organization without their written and expressed permission or on behalf of generalized groups.
- For individuals, we can understand that some campaigns may be surprises, and we fully support such gifts! However, if the intended recipient reaches out to us to request the campaign be taken down, we will prove their identity and comply with their request.
- Campaigns created on behalf of minors will also be reviewed if the assigned legal guardian requests removal. Pictures may be taken down with the campaign remaining, but our team will review them on a case-by-case basis.
- For organizations, a Letter of Subordination must be provided to fundraise on behalf of a charity, non-profit or group. While you are working with good intentions, they may not allow others to fundraise using their name. Reaching out to their support team for clarification on 3rd party or volunteer crowdfunding is best to ensure your campaign is not challenged or disabled.
- For generalized groups, we cannot allow funds to be raised for just ‘anyone.’ We need to have a specific target recipient. Saying that you will be “helping donate the funds to the local homeless shelter” or “to help aid veterans in my area,” unfortunately, we cannot support this. Raising funds for individuals within these communities is supported unless the target group is a registered charity or business and has given you approval, like in option B.
- That breach the Terms of Service of our payment providers. While we have our Terms of Service for Prohibited Activities (Section 12), if a campaign is found to be breaching the agreement of PayPal or Stripe, either by our support team, or the payment providers themselves, we will terminate the campaign.
- To be created on behalf of legal fees for an assumed violent or heinous crime. While we fully and wholeheartedly support the concept that all defendants are innocent until proven guilty, the court of public opinion aside, we cannot support legal campaigns at this time.