“Will you share my campaign for me?” is a common question in our inbox. While we may highlight some campaigns on our social media, we will not actively share campaigns with our marketing lists or users.
We understand the reasons you have to want us to share your campaign for you. Perhaps you want to keep your project away from certain people in your network. Maybe you feel you don’t know anyone who would contribute. It’s an honest question coming from a good place.
Here are a few points to help explain why we cannot help in this way:
- It’s ineffective and intrusive to send different campaigns to the same list every time we’re asked to;
- This would fall under a strict Canadian law against email spamming (called CASL);
- We cannot effectively do this while maintaining our daily roles. We want to make sure our platforms are running smoothly and our support teams can answer everyone’s questions on time;
- Even if we could do this for you, the likelihood of a stranger contributing to your campaign without endorsement from someone they know personally is negligible at best.
It’s a common misconception for platforms such as these that all you need to do is ‘build it, and they will come.’ That is misleading. Even those ‘viral’ campaigns, which raise thousands, needed proper planning and sharing by their owners first.
We occasionally highlight campaigns on our social media site to show the platforms’ functionality and flexibility, and we have ‘Find’ pages on each of the platforms’ homepages. However, neither of these is meant to be a significant source of revenue for the campaigns.
This does not mean we don’t care! We have created many resources that are FREE for you to use for your campaign:
- Crowdfundr Creator Toolkits
- FundRazr Fundraiser Toolkits (Helpful for CoCoPay users as well)
- FundRazr blog
- FundRazr webinar series & live office hours
- CrowdFundr webinar series & live office hours
The most important thing is to get that goal meter off of 0. Think hard about the people you know – is there ONE person who might be able to contribute even a small amount? We’re sure there is! Think friends, family, colleagues, online groups, etc.